Corporate Security Manager; Manager, Security and Safety; Security Director; Security Manager
What they do:
Direct an organization's security functions, including physical security and safety of employees, facilities, and assets.
On the job, you would:
- Create or implement security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Identify, investigate, or resolve security breaches.
- Respond to medical emergencies, bomb threats, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, following emergency response procedures.
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- law and government
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- reading work related information
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Facilities management software
- Alarm system software
- Maintenance management software
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Graphics software
- Microsoft Visio
Office suite software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: