Loss Prevention Managers
District Loss Prevention Manager; Loss Prevention Manager; Regional Loss Prevention Manager; Senior Manager, Asset Protection
What they do:
Plan and direct policies, procedures, or systems to prevent the loss of assets. Determine risk exposure or potential liability, and develop risk control measures.
On the job, you would:
- Administer systems and programs to reduce loss, maintain inventory control, or increase safety.
- Identify potential for loss and develop strategies to eliminate it.
- Perform or direct inventory investigations in response to shrink results outside of acceptable ranges.
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- law and government
Arts and Humanities
- customer service
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
Electronic mail software
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Microsoft Outlook
Project management software
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft SharePoint
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: