Energy Auditor, Energy Consultant, Energy Rater, Home Performance Consultant
What they do:
Conduct energy audits of buildings, building systems, or process systems. May also conduct investment grade audits of buildings or systems.
On the job, you would:
- Identify and prioritize energy saving measures.
- Prepare audit reports containing energy analysis results or recommendations for energy cost savings.
- Collect and analyze field data related to energy usage.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Arts and Humanities
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by writing
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- SAS software
- The MathWorks MATLAB
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft Access
- Structured query language SQL
Object or component oriented development software