Art Psychotherapist, Art Therapist, Counselor/Art Therapist, Group Therapist
What they do:
Plan or conduct art therapy sessions or programs to improve clients' physical, cognitive, or emotional well-being.
On the job, you would:
- Talk with clients during art or other therapy sessions to build rapport, acknowledge their progress, or reflect upon their reactions to the artistic process.
- Conduct art therapy sessions providing guided self-expression experiences to help clients recover from or cope with cognitive, emotional, or physical impairments.
- Design art therapy sessions or programs to meet client's goals or objectives.
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
Arts and Humanities
- music, dance, visual arts, drama, or sculpture
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Case management software
- Image databases
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop software
Computer aided design CAD software
master's degree or
certificate after master's
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: