Gardener, Greenhouse Worker, Grower, Nursery Worker
What they do:
Work in nursery facilities or at customer location planting, cultivating, harvesting, and transplanting trees, shrubs, or plants.
On the job, you would:
- Plant, spray, weed, fertilize, and water plants, shrubs, and trees, using hand tools and gardening tools.
- Harvest plants, and transplant or pot and label them.
- Clean work areas, and maintain grounds and landscaping.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- lift, push, pull, or carry
- use your lower back and stomach
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Word processing software
high school diploma/GED or
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Farmworkers, Farm, Ranch, & Aquacultural Animals
- Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, & Wall
- Laborers & Freight, Stock, & Material Movers, Hand
- Roustabouts, Oil & Gas
- Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: