Tire Repairers & Changers
Tire Technician, Tire Changer, Tire Shop Mechanic, Tire Buster
What they do:
Repair and replace tires.
On the job, you would:
- Identify and inflate tires correctly for the size and ply.
- Place wheels on balancing machines to determine counterweights required to balance wheels.
- Raise vehicles, using hydraulic jacks.
Engineering and Technology
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
Project management software
- Project estimation software
some college or
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Farmworkers, Farm, Ranch, & Aquacultural Animals
- Forging Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Helpers--Production Workers
- Landscaping & Groundskeeping Workers
- Molding, Coremaking, & Casting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
You might like a career in one of these industries: