Blender, Machine Operator, Mixer, Process Operator
What they do:
Set up and operate equipment that mixes or blends ingredients used in the manufacturing of food products. Includes candy makers and cheese makers.
On the job, you would:
- Record production and test data for each food product batch, such as the ingredients used, temperature, test results, and time cycle.
- Follow recipes to produce food products of specified flavor, texture, clarity, bouquet, or color.
- Set up, operate, and tend equipment that cooks, mixes, blends, or processes ingredients in the manufacturing of food products, according to formulas or recipes.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- food production
Engineering and Technology
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Plex Systems Plex Manufacturing Cloud
Office suite software
Data base user interface and query software
high school diploma/GED or
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Cutters & Trimmers, Hand
- Food Cooking Machine Operators & Tenders
- Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, & Weighers
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Plating & Coating Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
You might like a career in one of these industries: