Furniture Finisher, Lacquer Sprayer, Sprayer, Stain Wiper
What they do:
Shape, finish, and refinish damaged, worn, or used furniture or new high-grade furniture to specified color or finish.
On the job, you would:
- Mix finish ingredients to obtain desired colors or shades.
- Brush, spray, or hand-rub finishing ingredients, such as paint, oil, stain, or wax, onto and into wood grain and apply lacquer or other sealers.
- Smooth, shape, and touch up surfaces to prepare them for finishing, using sandpaper, pumice stones, steel wool, chisels, sanders, or grinders.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
Ideas and Logic
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- DuPont ColorNet
- DuPont Spies Hecker Wizard
Internet browser software
no high school diploma/GED or
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Coating, Painting, & Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Farmworkers, Farm, Ranch, & Aquacultural Animals
- Molding, Coremaking, & Casting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Pourers & Casters, Metal
- Sewing Machine Operators
You might like a career in one of these industries: