Packaging & Filling Machine Operators & Tenders
Bundler, Closing Machine Operator, Machine Operator, Packaging Operator
What they do:
Operate or tend machines to prepare industrial or consumer products for storage or shipment. Includes cannery workers who pack food products.
On the job, you would:
- Sort, grade, weigh, and inspect products, verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
- Monitor the production line, watching for problems such as pile-ups, jams, or glue that isn't sticking properly.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Label making software
Electronic mail software
high school diploma/GED or
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Extruding & Forming Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Synthetic & Glass Fibers
- Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Mixing & Blending Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Print Binding & Finishing Workers
You might like a career in one of these industries: