Director of Sales, District Sales Manager, Sales Manager, Vice President of Sales
see titles from the Army, Marine Corps, or Navy.
Recruiter; Recruiting and Retention NCO (Army National Guard of the United States)
Navy Counselor (Recruiter); Recruiter; Recruiting and Retention NCO (Army National Guard of the United States)
Navy Counselor (Recruiter)
What they do:
Plan, direct, or coordinate the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer. Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establish training programs for sales representatives. Analyze sales statistics gathered by staff to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers.
On the job, you would:
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Oversee regional and local sales managers and their staffs.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- sales and marketing
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- understanding people's reactions
- talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- come up with lots of ideas
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
You might use software like this on the job:
Customer relationship management CRM software
- Eden Sales Manager
- Sage ACT!
Data base user interface and query software
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Access
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- IBM Lotus Notes