Postmasters & Mail Superintendents
Distribution Operation Supervisor (SDO), Distribution Operations Manager, Postmaster, Remote Encoding Center Manager
see titles from the Air Force, Marine Corps, or Navy.
Knowledge Management Apprentice; Knowledge Management Craftsman; Knowledge Management Helper; Knowledge Management Journeyman; Knowledge Operations Management
Postal Clerk; Postal Officer
Logistics Specialist; Postal Officer
What they do:
Plan, direct, or coordinate operational, administrative, management, and supportive services of a U.S. post office; or coordinate activities of workers engaged in postal and related work in assigned post office.
On the job, you would:
- Organize and supervise activities such as the processing of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Direct and coordinate operational, management, and supportive services of one or a number of postal facilities.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Collection Point Management System CPMS
- Data entry software
Human resources software
- Personnel management software
- Personnel scheduling software