Labor Relations Specialists
Business Agent, Business Representative, Labor Relations Director, Labor Relations Specialist
see titles from the Army, Marine Corps, or Navy.
Human Resources Specialist; Human Resources Technician
Human Resources Technician
What they do:
Resolve disputes between workers and managers, negotiate collective bargaining agreements, or coordinate grievance procedures to handle employee complaints.
On the job, you would:
- Negotiate collective bargaining agreements.
- Monitor company or workforce adherence to labor agreements.
- Present the position of the company or of labor during arbitration or other labor negotiations.
Arts and Humanities
- human resources (HR)
Safety and Government
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- bringing people together to solve differences
- talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Human resources software
- LaborSoft LaborForce Arbitration/Appeals Manager module
- LaborSoft LaborForce Reporting/Dashboard Manager module
Electronic mail software
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: