Security Management Specialists
Consultant, Physical Security Specialist, Security Analyst, Security Consultant
see titles from the Army, Coast Guard, or Navy.
Special Forces Assistant Operations and Intelligence Sergeant
LDO - Ordnance, Submarine; Special Forces Assistant Operations and Intelligence Sergeant
LDO - Ordnance, Submarine; Special Compartmented Information Security Program Specialist
What they do:
Conduct security assessments for organizations, and design security systems and processes. May specialize in areas such as physical security, personnel security, and information security. May work in fields such as health care, banking, gaming, security engineering, or manufacturing.
On the job, you would:
- Engineer, install, maintain, or repair security systems, programmable logic controls, or other security-related electronic systems.
- Recommend improvements in security systems or procedures.
- Perform risk analyses so that appropriate countermeasures can be developed.
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- law and government
Arts and Humanities
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Stress Tolerance
Examples of the technology used in this career will be available soon.
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: