Accountant, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Staff Accountant, Accounting Manager
see titles from the Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, or Navy.
Finance and Supply
Financial Management Resource Officer; Financial Management Specialist
What they do:
Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- accounting and economics
- administrative services
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- using math to solve problems
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
- ATX Total Accounting Office
- Intuit QuickBooks software
Tax preparation software
- ATX Total Tax Office
- CCH ProSystem fx TAX
Financial analysis software
- Brentmark Estate Planning Quickview
- Cartesis Magnitude iAnalysis