Auditor, Internal Auditor, Auditor-in-Charge, Assurance Manager
see titles from the Air Force, Coast Guard, or Navy.
Finance and Supply
Financial Specialist; Internal Review Officer
What they do:
Examine and analyze accounting records to determine financial status of establishment and prepare financial reports concerning operating procedures.
On the job, you would:
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings.
- Supervise auditing of establishments, and determine scope of investigation required.
- accounting and economics
Arts and Humanities
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- read and understand what is written
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Financial analysis software
- Bi3 Financial Statement Fraud Analysis
- CaseWare International IDEA SmartAnalyzer
- Intrax ProcedureNet
- Paisley Cardmap