Computer Systems Analysts
Systems Analyst, Programmer Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, Computer Systems Analyst
see titles from the Navy.
Computer Systems Analyst; Cryptologic Technician Technical; Fire Control Technician; Fire Controlman; Sonar Technician (Surface)
What they do:
Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to implement and improve computer systems. Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
On the job, you would:
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
Arts and Humanities
- customer service
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Program testing software
- Compatibility testing software
- Defect tracking software
Development environment software
- IBM Rational Rose XDE Developer
Object or component oriented development software
- Distributed component object model DCOM software