Document Management Specialists
Business Process Analyst, Business Records Manager, Document Control Manager, Records Manager
see titles from the Air Force or Marine Corps.
Knowledge Operations Management; Knowledge Operations Management Apprentice; Knowledge Operations Management Craftsman; Knowledge Operations Management Helper; Knowledge Operations Management Journeyman
Manpower Information Systems (MIS) Analyst
What they do:
Implement and administer enterprise-wide document management systems and related procedures that allow organizations to capture, store, retrieve, share, and destroy electronic records and documents.
On the job, you would:
- Conduct needs assessments to identify document management requirements of departments or end users.
- Consult with end users regarding problems in accessing electronic content.
- Monitor regulatory activity to maintain compliance with records and document management laws.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- reading work related information
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Document management software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat software
- Records management software
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Business process management BPM software
- IBM BPM Blueprint
Analytical or scientific software
- CAPSYS CAPSYS Capture
- EMC Captiva software
bachelor's degree or
certificate after high school
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: