Foreign Language & Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
French Professor, Professor, Spanish Instructor, Spanish Professor
see titles from the Army, Marine Corps, or Navy.
USMA, Professor of Foreign Languages
Asia-Pacific Cryptologic Linguist; Central Asian Cryptologic Linguist; Cryptologic Technician Interpretative; European Cryptologic Linguist; Middle East Cryptologic Linguist
Cryptologic Technician Interpretative
What they do:
Teach languages and literature courses in languages other than English. Includes teachers of American Sign Language (ASL). Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- foreign language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- talking to others
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer based training software
- Blackboard Learn
Word processing software
- Collaborative editing software
- Google Docs
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook