Dermatologist, Medical Doctor MD, Physician, Practicing Dermatologist
see titles from the Air Force, Army, or Navy.
Dermatologist; Dermatologist, Dermatologic Surgery; Dermatologist, Dermatopathology
What they do:
Diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases or other conditions of the skin.
On the job, you would:
- Diagnose and treat pigmented lesions such as common acquired nevi, congenital nevi, dysplastic nevi, Spitz nevi, blue nevi, and melanoma.
- Conduct complete skin examinations.
- Counsel patients on topics such as the need for annual dermatologic screenings, sun protection, skin cancer awareness, or skin and lymph node self-examinations.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
- Allscripts PM
- Encite Dermatology Electronic Health Records EHR Software
Electronic mail software
Word processing software
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: