Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Physicians
Attending Physiatrist, Residency Program Director; Attending Physician; Medical Director; Physiatrist
see titles from the Air Force or Army.
Occupational Medicine; Physical Medicine Physician
Occupational Medicine Officer
What they do:
Diagnose and treat disorders requiring physiotherapy to provide physical, mental, and occupational rehabilitation.
On the job, you would:
- Document examination results, treatment plans, and patients' outcomes.
- Examine patients to assess mobility, strength, communication, or cognition.
- Assess characteristics of patients' pain such as intensity, location, and duration using standardized clinical measures.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Math and Science
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- see hidden patterns
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Allscripts PM
- Biodex Medical Systems Biodex Concussion Manager
Electronic mail software
Word processing software
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: