Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), Certified Nurse-Midwife, Nurse Midwife, Staff Nurse-Midwife
see titles from the Air Force or Army.
Privileged Advanced Practice Nurse (P-APN), Certified Nurse Midwife
Certified Nurse Midwife
What they do:
Diagnose and coordinate all aspects of the birthing process, either independently or as part of a healthcare team. May provide well-woman gynecological care. Must have specialized, graduate nursing education.
On the job, you would:
- Document findings of physical examinations.
- Provide prenatal, intrapartum, postpartum, or newborn care to patients.
- Write information in medical records or provide narrative summaries to communicate patient information to other health care providers.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Acrendo Medical Software Ob/Gyn EMR
- digiChart OB-GYN