Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
Lead Magnetic Resonance Imaging MRI Technologist, Magnetic Resonance Imaging MRI Technologist, Staff Magnetic Resonance Imaging MRI Technologist, Staff Technologist
see titles from the Air Force.
Diagnostic Imaging Apprentice, Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Diagnostic Imaging Craftsman, Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Diagnostic Imaging Helper, Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Diagnostic Imaging Journeyman, Magnetic Resonance Imaging
What they do:
Operate Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scanners. Monitor patient safety and comfort, and view images of area being scanned to ensure quality of pictures. May administer gadolinium contrast dosage intravenously. May interview patient, explain MRI procedures, and position patient on examining table. May enter into the computer data such as patient history, anatomical area to be scanned, orientation specified, and position of entry.
On the job, you would:
- Conduct screening interviews of patients to identify contraindications, such as ferrous objects, pregnancy, prosthetic heart valves, cardiac pacemakers, or tattoos.
- Operate Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scanners.
- Select appropriate imaging techniques or coils to produce required images.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Electronic medical record EMR software
- Medical image processing software
Internet browser software
Calendar and scheduling software
- Appointment scheduling software
associate's degree or
certificate after high school
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: