Medical Assistant, Certifed Medical Assistant (CMA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Doctor's Assistant
see titles from the Coast Guard or Navy.
Health Services Technician
Aerospace Medical Technician; Aerospace Physiology Technician; Hemodialysis Technician; Hospital Corpsman; Hospital Corpsman Basic; Urology Technician
What they do:
Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of a physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding information for insurance purposes. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
On the job, you would:
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
Arts and Humanities
- customer service
- administrative services
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Patient management software
- Visual electro diagnostic software
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Exchange
- Billing software
- Bookkeeping software