Carpenter Assistant, Installer; Carpenter Helper; Carpenter's Helper; Form Setter
see titles from the Air Force, Coast Guard, or Marine Corps.
Structural; Structural Apprentice; Structural Craftsman; Structural Helper; Structural Journeyman
Structural Apprentice; Structural Craftsman; Structural Helper; Structural Journeyman
What they do:
Help carpenters by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
On the job, you would:
- Clean work areas, machines, or equipment, to maintain a clean and safe job site.
- Fasten timbers or lumber with glue, screws, pegs, or nails and install hardware.
- Perform tie spacing layout and measure, mark, drill or cut.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Arts and Humanities
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Project management software
- Bosch Punch List
- Cost estimating software
- Intuit QuickBooks software
- Intuit Quicken software