Maintenance Technician; Control Room Operator (CRO); Control Operator; Instrumentation, Control, and Electrical Technician (I C & E Technician)
see titles from the Army or Marine Corps.
What they do:
Perform technical activities at power plants or individual installations necessary for the generation of power from geothermal energy sources. Monitor and control operating activities at geothermal power generation facilities and perform maintenance and repairs as necessary. Install, test, and maintain residential and commercial geothermal heat pumps.
On the job, you would:
- Identify and correct malfunctions of geothermal plant equipment, electrical systems, instrumentation, or controls.
- Monitor and adjust operations of geothermal power plant equipment or systems.
- Adjust power production systems to meet load and distribution demands.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- see hidden patterns
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- communicate by writing
- read and understand what is written
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- ClimateMaster GeoDesigner
- Geothermal Properties Measurement Tool
Electronic mail software