Textile Knitting & Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
Knitter, Knitting Machine Operator, Tufting Machine Operator, Weaver
What they do:
Set up, operate, or tend machines that knit, loop, weave, or draw in textiles.
On the job, you would:
- Remove defects in cloth by cutting and pulling out filling.
- Inspect products to ensure that specifications are met and to determine if machines need adjustment.
- Observe woven cloth to detect weaving defects.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Word processing software
high school diploma/GED or
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Coil Winders, Tapers, & Finishers
- Cutting, Punching, & Press Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Packaging & Filling Machine Operators & Tenders
- Print Binding & Finishing Workers
- Welding, Soldering, & Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: