Chemical Plant & System Operators
Chemical Operator, Operator, Process Operator, Process Technician
see titles from the Navy.
Electrolytic Oxygen Generator (Model 6L16) Operator/Mechanical Maintainer; Low Pressure Electrolyzer (LPE) Operator
What they do:
Control or operate entire chemical processes or system of machines.
On the job, you would:
- Move control settings to make necessary adjustments on equipment units affecting speeds of chemical reactions, quality, or yields.
- Monitor recording instruments, flowmeters, panel lights, or other indicators and listen for warning signals, to verify conformity of process conditions.
- Control or operate chemical processes or systems of machines, using panelboards, control boards, or semi-automatic equipment.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Industrial control software
- Alarm management system software
- Distributed control systems DCS software
Network security or virtual private network VPN management software
- Coordinated incident management system CIMS software
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: