Cooling & Freezing Equipment Operators & Tenders
Refrigeration Operator, Machine Operator, Compressor Operator, Freezer Person
see titles from the Army, Marine Corps, or Navy.
Utilities Equipment Repairer
Aviation Support Equipmentman; Gas Turbine System Technician (Electrical); Utilities Equipment Repairer
Aviation Support Equipmentman; Engineman; Gas Turbine System Technician (Electrical); Machinist's Mate
What they do:
Operate or tend equipment, such as cooling and freezing units, refrigerators, batch freezers, and freezing tunnels, to cool or freeze products, food, blood plasma, and chemicals.
On the job, you would:
- Adjust machine or freezer speed and air intake to obtain desired consistency and amount of product.
- Monitor pressure gauges, ammeters, flowmeters, thermometers, or products, and adjust controls to maintain specified conditions, such as feed rate, product consistency, temperature, air pressure, and machine speed.
- Record temperatures, amounts of materials processed, or test results on report forms.
Engineering and Technology
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
Examples of the technology used in this career will be available soon.
high school diploma/GED or
certificate after high school
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Crushing, Grinding, & Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Gas Compressor & Gas Pumping Station Operators
- Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, & Still Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: