Public Relations & Fundraising Managers
Also called: Account Supervisor, Development Director, Public Relations Director, Public Relations Manager (PR Manager)
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate activities designed to create or maintain a favorable public image or raise issue awareness for their organization or client; or if engaged in fundraising, plan, direct, or coordinate activities to solicit and maintain funds for special projects or nonprofit organizations.
On the job, you would:
- Identify main client groups and audiences, determine the best way to communicate publicity information to them, and develop and implement a communication plan.
- Develop and maintain the company's corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage.
- Manage special events, such as sponsorship of races, parties introducing new products, or other activities the firm supports, to gain public attention through the media without advertising directly.
- sales and marketing
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- come up with lots of ideas
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Graphics or photo imaging software
Desktop publishing software
Customer relationship management CRM software
- Advertising & Promotions Managers
- Agents & Business Managers of Artists, Performers, & Athletes
- Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Public Relations Specialists
- Training & Development Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries: