Education Administrators, Postsecondary
Also called: Academic Affairs Vice President, Academic Dean, Dean, Registrar
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate research, instructional, student administration and services, and other educational activities at postsecondary institutions, including universities, colleges, and junior and community colleges.
On the job, you would:
- Design or use assessments to monitor student learning outcomes.
- Recruit, hire, train, and terminate departmental personnel.
- Direct, coordinate, and evaluate the activities of personnel, including support staff engaged in administering academic institutions, departments, or alumni organizations.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
Analytical or scientific software