Also called: Corporate Licensed Broker, Customs Broker, Customs Compliance Director, Import Manager
What they do:Prepare customs documentation and ensure that shipments meet all applicable laws to facilitate the import and export of goods. Determine and track duties and taxes payable and process payments on behalf of client. Sign documents under a power of attorney. Represent clients in meetings with customs officials and apply for duty refunds and tariff reclassifications. Coordinate transportation and storage of imported goods.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare and process import and export documentation according to customs regulations, laws, or procedures.
- Clear goods through customs and to their destinations for clients.
- Pay, or arrange for payment of, taxes and duties on shipments.
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- administrative services
- customer service
Safety and Government
- law and government
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
Electronic mail software
- Compensation, Benefits, & Job Analysis Specialists
- Credit Analysts
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Property, Real Estate, & Community Association Managers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries: