Also called: Credit Union Examiner, Examining Officer, Principal Examiner, Supervisory Examiner
What they do:Enforce or ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing financial and securities institutions and financial and real estate transactions. May examine, verify, or authenticate records.
On the job, you would:
- Investigate activities of institutions to enforce laws and regulations and to ensure legality of transactions and operations or financial solvency.
- Prepare reports, exhibits and other supporting schedules that detail an institution's safety and soundness, compliance with laws and regulations, and recommended solutions to questionable financial conditions.
- Recommend actions to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, or to protect solvency of institutions.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- accounting and economics
Safety and Government
- law and government
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Financial analysis software
- ACL Analytics
- Financial transaction analysis software
- NILS INSource
- ODEN Insurance Services State Rules & Regulations
Project management software