Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
Also called: Architect, Information Technology Architect (IT Architect), Solution Architect, Systems Engineer
What they do:Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions.
On the job, you would:
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
- Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by writing
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- create new and original ideas
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Web platform development software
Development environment software
Object or component oriented development software