Data Warehousing Specialists
Data Warehouse Analyst, Data Warehouse Manager, Data Warehouse Solution Architect
What they do:
Design, model, or implement corporate data warehousing activities. Program and configure warehouses of database information and provide support to warehouse users.
On the job, you would:
- Develop data warehouse process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction.
- Verify the structure, accuracy, or quality of warehouse data.
- Map data between source systems, data warehouses, and data marts.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base management system software
- Apache Hadoop
- Oracle PL/SQL
Metadata management software
- CA Erwin Data Modeler
- Informatica PowerCenter
Development environment software
- Microsoft Visual Basic Scripting Edition VBScript
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
You might like a career in one of these industries: