Also called: Architect, Drafter, Draftsman, Intern Architect
What they do:Prepare detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by architect.
On the job, you would:
- Operate computer-aided drafting (CAD) equipment or conventional drafting station to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms, and records.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.
- Coordinate structural, electrical, and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent building plans.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- law and government
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
- see hidden patterns
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Graphics or photo imaging software
Optical character reader OCR or scanning software
- Digitizing and photogrammetric software
- Scanning software
New job opportunities are likely in the future.