Also called: Civil Designer, Civil Drafter, Computer-Aided Design Technician (CAD Technician), Computer-Aided Drafting Designer (CAD Designer)
- Produce drawings, using computer-assisted drafting systems (CAD) or drafting machines, or by hand, using compasses, dividers, protractors, triangles, and other drafting devices.
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects, such as highways, sewage disposal systems, and dikes, working from sketches or notes.
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from civil engineers to ensure that they conform to design concepts.
- product and service development
- English language
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
- order or arrange things
- notice when problems happen
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Examples of Registered Apprenticeship programs include:
- Drafter, Civil