Nanotechnology Engineering Technologists & Technicians
Also called: Engineering Technician, Nanofabrication Specialist, Research Associate, Research Scientist
What they do:Implement production processes and operate commercial-scale production equipment to produce, test, or modify materials, devices, or systems of unique molecular or macromolecular composition. Operate advanced microscopy equipment to manipulate nanoscale objects. Work under the supervision of nanoengineering staff.
On the job, you would:
- Operate nanotechnology compounding, testing, processing, or production equipment in accordance with appropriate standard operating procedures, good manufacturing practices, hazardous material restrictions, or health and safety requirements.
- Maintain work area according to cleanroom or other processing standards.
- Produce images or measurements, using tools or techniques such as atomic force microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, optical microscopy, particle size analysis, or zeta potential analysis.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- pay attention to something without being distracted
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Simulation software
- Calibration Technologists & Technicians
- Industrial Engineering Technologists & Technicians
- Mechanical Engineering Technologists & Technicians
- Nanosystems Engineers
You might like a career in one of these industries: