Electronics Engineering Technologists
Also called: Electronics Technology Department Chair, Electronics Technology Instructor, System Technologist, Systems Technician
What they do:Assist electronics engineers in such activities as electronics systems and instrumentation design or digital signal processing.
On the job, you would:
- Modify, maintain, or repair electronics equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Replace defective components or parts, using hand tools and precision instruments.
- Set up and operate specialized or standard test equipment to diagnose, test, or analyze the performance of electronic components, assemblies, or systems.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- see hidden patterns
Hand and Finger Use
- put together small parts with your fingers
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Altium Designer
Development environment software
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.