Manufacturing Engineering Technologists
Also called: Business Process Analyst, Manufacturing Coordinator, Manufacturing Technology Analyst, Product Manager
What they do:Develop tools, implement designs, or integrate machinery, equipment, or computer technologies to ensure effective manufacturing processes.
On the job, you would:
- Ensure adherence to safety rules and practices.
- Monitor manufacturing processes to identify ways to reduce losses, decrease time requirements, or improve quality.
- Recommend corrective or preventive actions to assure or improve product quality or reliability.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- using math to solve problems
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Industrial control software
- MASS Group FactoryLink SCADA HMI
- National Instruments NI-DAQmx
Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Cimatron Group GibbsCAM
New job opportunities are likely in the future.