Nanotechnology Engineering Technicians
Also called: Engineering Technician, Microfabrication Engineer Manager, Nanofabrication Specialist, Research Scientist
What they do:Operate commercial-scale production equipment to produce, test, or modify materials, devices, or systems of molecular or macromolecular composition. Work under the supervision of engineering staff.
On the job, you would:
- Operate nanotechnology compounding, testing, processing, or production equipment in accordance with appropriate standard operating procedures, good manufacturing practices, hazardous material restrictions, or health and safety requirements.
- Maintain work area according to cleanroom or other processing standards.
- Repair nanotechnology processing or testing equipment or submit work orders for equipment repair.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Image analysis software
- Simulation software
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Optical imaging systems
New job opportunities are likely in the future.