Also called: International Affairs Vice President, State-Federal Relations Deputy Director
What they do:Study the origin, development, and operation of political systems. May study topics, such as public opinion, political decision-making, and ideology. May analyze the structure and operation of governments, as well as various political entities. May conduct public opinion surveys, analyze election results, or analyze public documents.
On the job, you would:
- Disseminate research results through academic publications, written reports, or public presentations.
- Teach political science.
- Develop and test theories, using information from interviews, newspapers, periodicals, case law, historical papers, polls, or statistical sources.
Safety and Government
- law and government
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- history and archeology
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- reading work related information
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Information retrieval or search software
- JSTOR database
- ProQuest Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
Analytical or scientific software
Data base user interface and query software
- Atmospheric, Earth, Marine, & Space Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
- Economics Teachers, Postsecondary
- Forestry & Conservation Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Geography Teachers, Postsecondary
You might like a career in one of these industries: