Also called: Agricultural Research Technician, Laboratory Technician (Lab Tech), Research Associate, Seed Analyst
What they do:Set up or maintain laboratory equipment and collect samples from crops or animals. Prepare specimens or record data to assist scientists in biology or related life science experiments.
On the job, you would:
- Record data pertaining to experimentation, research, or animal care.
- Measure or weigh ingredients used in laboratory testing.
- Prepare data summaries, reports, or analyses that include results, charts, or graphs to document research findings and results.
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
- Computer, Automated Teller, & Office Machine Repairers
- Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installers & Repairers
- Radio Mechanics
- Semiconductor Processors
- Stationary Engineers & Boiler Operators
You might like a career in one of these industries: