City & Regional Planning Aides
Also called: Community Planner, Planner, Planning Assistant, Planning Technician
What they do:Compile data from various sources, such as maps, reports, and field and file investigations, for use by city planner in making planning studies.
On the job, you would:
- Participate in and support team planning efforts.
- Prepare reports, using statistics, charts, and graphs, to illustrate planning studies in areas such as population, land use, or zoning.
- Research, compile, analyze and organize information from maps, reports, investigations, and books for use in reports and special projects.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- law and government
- public safety and security
- customer service
Math and Science
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Map creation software
Data base user interface and query software