Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary
Also called: Biological Sciences Professor, Biology Instructor, Biology Professor, Professor
What they do:Teach courses in biological sciences. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as molecular biology, marine biology, and botany.
- Prepare materials for laboratory activities and course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers.
Math and Science
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- talking to others
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
Computer based training software
- Blackboard Learn
- Learning management system LMS
Word processing software
- Collaborative editing software
- Google Docs