Art, Drama, & Music Teachers, Postsecondary
Also called: Art Professor, Music Professor, Professor, Theatre Professor
What they do:Teach courses in drama, music, and the arts including fine and applied art, such as painting and sculpture, or design and crafts. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Explain and demonstrate artistic techniques.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, performances, projects, assignments, and papers.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
Arts and Humanities
- music, dance, visual arts, drama, or sculpture
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- talking to others
- figuring out how to use new ideas or things
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
You might use software like this on the job:
Graphics or photo imaging software
Video creation and editing software
Music or sound editing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Audition
- Apple Logic Pro