Also called: Associate Curator, Collections Curator, Curator, Museum Curator
What they do:Administer collections, such as artwork, collectibles, historic items, or scientific specimens of museums or other institutions. May conduct instructional, research, or public service activities of institution.
On the job, you would:
- Plan and organize the acquisition, storage, and exhibition of collections and related materials, including the selection of exhibition themes and designs, and develop or install exhibit materials.
- Write and review grant proposals, journal articles, institutional reports, and publicity materials.
- Plan and conduct special research projects in area of interest or expertise.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- history and archeology
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- customer service
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- talking to others
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- group things in different ways
- notice when problems happen
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
Project management software
- Eloquent Systems Eloquent
Graphics or photo imaging software