Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, & Illustrators
Also called: Artist, Fine Artist, Painter, Sculptor
What they do:Create original artwork using any of a wide variety of media and techniques.
On the job, you would:
- Use materials such as pens and ink, watercolors, charcoal, oil, or computer software to create artwork.
- Integrate and develop visual elements, such as line, space, mass, color, and perspective, to produce desired effects, such as the illustration of ideas, emotions, or moods.
- Confer with clients, editors, writers, art directors, and other interested parties regarding the nature and content of artwork to be produced.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- music, dance, visual arts, drama, or sculpture
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- figuring out how to use new ideas or things
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
Ideas and Logic
- create new and original ideas
- come up with lots of ideas
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Graphics or photo imaging software
Data base user interface and query software
- ArtScope.net eArtist