Also called: Director, Program Director, Program Manager, Programming Director
What they do:Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in preparation of radio or television station program schedules and programs, such as sports or news.
On the job, you would:
- Plan and schedule programming and event coverage, based on broadcast length, time availability, and other factors, such as community needs, ratings data, and viewer demographics.
- Coordinate activities between departments, such as news and programming.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in broadcast news, sports, or programming.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- create new and original ideas
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
Video creation and editing software
Web page creation and editing software
- Advertising & Promotions Managers
- Agents & Business Managers of Artists, Performers, & Athletes
- Directors- Stage, Motion Pictures, Television, & Radio
- Public Relations & Fundraising Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries: