Dietitians & Nutritionists
Also called: Clinical Dietitian, Dietitian, Nutritionist, Registered Dietitian
What they do:Plan and conduct food service or nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and control of disease. May supervise activities of a department providing quantity food services, counsel individuals, or conduct nutritional research.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards.
- Assess nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling.
- Advise patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- customer service
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- reading work related information
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- teaching people how to do something
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Axxya Systems Nutritionist Pro
- Compu-Cal Nutrition Assistant
- BioEx Systems Nutrition Maker Plus
- Lifestyles Technologies DietMaster Pro
Data base user interface and query software
- CyberSoft NutriBase
- Database software