Obstetricians & Gynecologists
Also called: Medical Doctor (MD), OB/GYN (Obstetrician / Gynecologist), Obstetrician/Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Physician
What they do:Physicians who provide medical care related to pregnancy or childbirth and those who diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases of women, particularly those affecting the reproductive system. May also provide general medical care to women.
On the job, you would:
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, or examination results.
- Treat diseases of female organs.
- Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- customer service
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software